It’s the most wonderful time of the year, but that doesn’t mean we have to love decorating for Christmas. If you’ve ever dealt with tangled strands of Christmas lights or struggled to get a Christmas tree through your doorway, up the stairs, and into your living room, then you know what a hassle decorating can be. Plus, who has time to decorate, anyway?
Certainly not these 16 people. These people were either too lazy or too busy to decorate for Christmas, so they came up with creative, totally genius ways to get around the traditional decorating challenges. Take a look.
1. Some holiday decorations are so lazy that they can leave you hanging in front of your neighbors.
Check this one out! It’s not a real person of course, but it was real enough to get some neighbors to call 9-1-1. Sadly, the homeowners had no choice but to take the man hanging from the side of the house, down. Party poopers!
2. So many of us love putting ornaments up on our Christmas tree but hate taking them down.
Now, this is how you taking wrapping to a whole new level during Christmas. With a bit of Saran wrap, you can ensure that all of your ornaments and tinsels stay right where they are. And next year, all you have to do is unwrap and fluff the tree.
3. Sure, it’s all fun celebrating a white Christmas when it’s actually cold and snowing in December.
Unfortunately, when you live in the southern hemisphere like in Australia, the summer is in full bloom during the holidays, so the only tree you’re likely to see is a nice fan trying to keep the whole family cool.
4. When celebrating the birth of Christ, you can always go for a more minimalistic approach.
It is a celebration of his birth for Christ’s sake, no pun intended. Also, think of all the money this family saved on decorations simply by using a Happy Birthday banner from their kid’s last birthday party. Awesome!
5. There’s always one house in the neighborhood that acts like a lighthouse beacon for Santa.
Then there’s the family who would rather not spend so much time doing so much to make their house look so lit! Besides, can you guess whose light bill is going to be higher next month? Spoiler, it’s the one on the left.
6. When your kids are bugging you to help them build a snowman outside, but you don’t want to.
This alternative is very doorsy, and at least you don’t have to worry about heat melting Frosty away. It’s simply a-door-able, and because it’s the entry door, your guests can snow themselves out after the party’s over.
7. Do you ever wonder why parents are always buying stuff for kids instead of Santa Claus bringing gifts?
It looks like the years have not been kind to Santa. Then again, delivering presents to every child around the world would take its toll on anyone. So, in this person’s home, Christmas decorations are looking more like “A Nightmare Before Christmas.”
8. When you’d rather not put up a lot of Christmas lights, but don’t want people asking you why.
At least the scene is pretty obvious. You don’t have to explain to your neighbors why you don’t have any Christmas lights outside your house because obviously, “The Grinch Stole Christmas” and all of your decorations too.