There are many places all over the world that look as if they come straight from the pages of a fairy tale or from the scene of a horror movie. Places that have been abandoned by the people that loved them and were eventually overrun by nature. Keep on scrolling to check out some of those hidden gems of beauty.
1. This abandoned asylum in Italy looks as if it was caressed by Bob Ross.
Just look at all of those happy little trees.
2. After being evacuated due to the Chernobyl disaster, Pripyat became a ghost town.
One of the only things left is this Ferris wheel that can never be used again.
3. Mother nature is ruthless and will always claim back that which was hers.
And this moss-covered chair is definite proof of that.
4. There may be a few ghosts floating around this old church.
Even though it looks a bit spooky, it’s still magnificent.
5. Here’s a ballroom that was left to rot in an abandoned hotel.
It’s lovely to think about how many happy people were invited to dance here.
6. It was once a Yugoslavian Aircraft Hangar in Mostar, Bosnia & Herzegovina.
Now, it’s just a great place to rest and enjoy the view.
7. What was once a cinema in the Egyptian desert, is now just a bunch of empty chairs.
Why would they put a movie theater in the desert anyway?
8. A deserted rail car in Cape Charles looks like someone stripped everything out of it.
Except for the chairs because no one needed those.